Monday 7 August 2017

Avocado Dressing/Sauce

Homemade salad dressings are so much better than shop bought ones as you can control exactly what goes into them. The shop bought ones have lots of sugar and ingredients that you can't even pronounce.
I had a few ripe avocados to use up so I thought I'd make a dressing with them. I'm so glad that I did as it turned out amazing :) Why haven't I made this before huh?
This dressing only uses a handful of ingredients and it's very easy to make. 


Ingredients :
1 Large ripe avocado
Juice of a small lime
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Agave nectar
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1 cup of filtered water
1 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
pinch of chili powder

Method :

Put all of the ingredients into a blender and whiz until nice and smooth.




It should look like this without any lumps.


Pour the dressing into a mason jar and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to use it.



I used the dressing on a green salad that I made as a side for vegan spaghetti Bolognese .


This dressing should last up to a week in the fridge.
The dressing would also be great mixed into pasta or zoodles.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment